Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Want to Bang on the Drum all Day

Here it is day three, and still cheating. Can not fault me for being brutally honest.

So I actually did not take a photo today. However, this past weekend I took several hundred. I wanted to take some very funky, trendy, hip photos of Izaiah playing his drum kit. I do have photos of this but with a lot of garage background. I wanted some where I could play a bit more in the post production end.

I figured that by taking so many a few days ago, it was like taking one today.

I remember well, when a drum kit entered our house. Izaiah was to say the least, video game obsessed. I refused to let him buy any more games and that he should buy himself a musical instrument. He agreed on the fact that the instrument would be a drum kit. What could I say, he got me, so I agreed. He saved his money and with a little help from mom and dad, his first drum kit entered our home. For I believe the first year, he just banged on the drums with no real sound. Once he took some lessons, the banging turned into music. He became very good, very quickly.

With his new found talent, he out grew this drum kit. He saved up, sold his other kit and bought himself the Mapex kit. I noticed a remarkable difference immediately with the sound. He continued to bang out his talent in the basement. Then one day, when I got home, the place where my van used to be parked sat his drum kit. With the kit moving into the garage, so did some additional teens start hanging out to play in there.

You always practice at the drummer's house. We never minded, ever! Rather liked it and enjoyed all the action of teens hanging out at our house. A few bands have assembled and all have disbanded, except one. One of his good friends, Ryan, who still comes over to just jam when their schedules allow. I will truly miss this with Izaiah moving to go to school soon.

Love watching him play. He is a very musically talented young man. The drums are only one of many instruments that he can play. He also played the trombone, plays the bass guitar and piano. He is so fortunate to play by ear. I know his talent will render him great opportunities in his future career. Until then,

"I want to bang on the drum all day, ....."







No comments:

Post a Comment